Join the National Safety Stand-Down
The 10th annual National Safety Stand-Down to Prevent Falls in Construction is taking place this week, May 1-5, 2023. Falls are the main cause of death for construction workers, but they can be prevented.
A Safety Stand-Down is a voluntary event for employers to talk directly to employees about safety. Any workplace can hold a stand-down by taking a break to focus on “Fall Hazards” and reinforcing the importance of “Fall Prevention.”
Employers of companies not exposed to fall hazards can also use this opportunity to talk with employees about the other job hazards they face, protective methods, and the company’s safety policies and goals. It can also be an opportunity for employees to talk to management about falls and other job hazards they see.
How to hold a successful stand-down meeting https://www.osha.gov/stop-falls-stand-down/suggestions.
- OSHA Resources
- Fall Prevention
- Ladder Safety
- Fall Protection in Residential Construction
- ACCA Safety Downloads – Thank you to Federated Insurance, our Corporate Partner!
- ACCA Safety Video Series – New!
- Summer Prep: Hurricane Season - June 2, 2023
- Building Safety Week 5: Solving Challenges Together - May 31, 2023
- DOE Secretary Jennifer Granholm’s Message to ACCA Contractors - May 26, 2023
Posted In: Employee Training, Equipment Safety, OSHA, Safety, Workplace Safety
BECOME AN ACCA MEMBER