43rd Annual Building Safety Month Begins in Two Weeks
The International Code Council (ICC) recently accounted the two-week countdown for their 43rd annual Building Safety Month. The campaign, designed to increase awareness of building safety issues in homes, schools and other buildings, will feature five weekly themes:
- Week One: Building Safety Starts at Home (May 1-7) highlights how building safety impacts our everyday lives.
- Week Two: Building Safety Professionals and You (May 8-14) clarifies the role of building safety professionals in our communities.
- Week Three: Preparing your Community (May 15-21) focuses on how to prepare for natural disasters and other hazardous events.
- Week Four: Advocating for your Community (May 22-28) provides tips and tools to advocate for local building safety.
- Week Five: Solving Challenges Together (May 29-31) illustrates what countries are doing to address issues such as water scarcity and clean buildings.
“This year’s theme, ‘It Starts with You’, invites people to consider how building safety impacts nearly every part of their lives including their homes and families,” said Code Council President Michael Wich, CBO. “During Building Safety Month, we encourage people to become more aware of the building codes and standards that protect us from harm. We hope it leads to more discussions around what we can all do to create safer spaces to live, work and play.”
Each year, communities around the world sign official proclamations to declare May as Building Safety Month. To view current proclamations, or submit your own, click here.
2023 Building Safety Month sponsors include the American Gas Association, Society of Fire Protection Engineers, Gypsum Association, American Concrete Institute, Simpson Strong-Tie, National Multifamily Housing Council, and more.
Continue to follow along here as we provide coverage of ICC’s Building Safety Month throughout May.
- Carrier Names ACCA Member as a Top Award Recipient at National Factory Authorized Dealer Meeting - April 21, 2023
- 43rd Annual Building Safety Month Begins in Two Weeks - April 20, 2023
- FREE Webinar: A Closer Look into A2L Refrigerants - April 18, 2023
BECOME AN ACCA MEMBER