ACCA’s Member Services Committee Profile
ACCA has five committees that help the team plan, develop, and deliver programs and services that ACCA members want and need to grow and strengthen their businesses. The committees are: Events; Member Services; Membership; Partners; and Products. Over the next five issues of ACCA Now magazine, I will highlight each of these committees and share how you can get involved with them. In this issue, I’m highlighting ACCA’s Member Services Committee.
The purpose of the Member Services Committee is to develop the products and services that ACCA has to offer members through numerous sources. This includes internet sales, online training, training and education downloads, and anything else that provides value to membership. The committee works in conjunction with other committees to deliver new materials and assist with repackaging of currently offered materials, making them easily accessible.
- Matt Marsiglio, vice president of operations at FLAME Heating, Cooling, Plumbing, and Electrical in Warren, MI
- Eric Knaak, president of Isaac Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. in Rochester, NY
- Tom Jackson, Jackson Systems, LLC, Indianapolis, IN
- Ben Kelley, CroppMetcalfe Services, Fairfax, VA
- Eddie McFarlane, Haller Enterprises, Lititz, PA
- Cody Novini, SoCal Airflow Pros, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
- Nate Oland, Federated Insurance, Owatonna, MN
- Keith Paton, Ivey Mechanical Co., LLC, Kosciusko, MS
- Jen Pierce, Clay’s Climate Control, LLC, Linwood, NJ
When are meetings?
The fourth Tuesday of each month at 1:00pm eastern
September 27, 2022
October 25, 2022
December 27, 2022
January 24, 2023
February 28, 2023
April 2023 – At the 2023 ACCA Conference & Expo in New Orleans (date and time TBD)
What Are Hot Topics is This Committee Working On?
Over the past year the Member Services Committee worked with staff to bring on new and updated services that are exclusively for ACCA members.
Of particular note was the launch of CareerPlug. Through ACCA’s partnership with CareerPlug, members receive a free basic CareerPlug account that comes with a branded careers page, pre-built job templates, and a configured hiring process. The built-in evaluation tools help you confidently identify, interview, evaluate, and hire the right person. For greater success, you can upgrade the free account to a paid Pro subscription at an exclusive partnership rate of $495/year for unlimited job postings to top job boards, including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, GoogleJobs, Facebook Jobs, etc. You’ll also be able to use personality assessments. Learn more about CareerPlug at https://bit.ly/ACCACareerPlug.
The committee also helped update ACCA’s Social Media Toolbox to include new engagement posts for each month of the year and posts to help recruit new team members. You can download these free resources at https://bit.ly/ACCASocialMedia.
Finally, the committee’s focus on hiring also led to work on diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). DEI has become a more prevalent topic in society, and the Member Services Committee took the initiative to help ACCA members better understand the importance of fostering a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment. Through their efforts, they helped ACCA develop three new resources for members:
- Diversity and Inclusion Guide for Business Owners
- Tips for Recruiting, Hiring, & Retaining a Diverse Team (video)
- Create Job Postings that are Sensitive to Diversity and Inclusion (document)
More DEI resources are in the works and ACCA members can access these current free resources here: https://bit.ly/ACCAWorkforce.
How Do You Get Involved?
The Member Services Committee is always looking for new members to provide insight into what members need to be successful. ACCA is always accepting applications for committee members. To apply to be a part of the Member Services Committee visit https://www.acca.org/members/acca-committee-application or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ACCA’s Member Services Committee Profile - September 21, 2022
- ACCA Committee Orientation: Success from the Start! - August 29, 2022
- It’s Hurricane Season…Are You Prepared? - August 10, 2022
Posted In: ACCA Now, Community
BECOME AN ACCA MEMBER