Federated Insurance Promotes Fire Prevention Week with Resources for Businesses
Every year, business owners experience property losses totaling billions of dollars due to fire. Investigation into the cause of these fires found that, if consistent attention had been paid to a few very specific exposures, most of these losses could have been prevented.
Fire Prevention Week—running October 6–12, 2013—is a great opportunity to remember that managing an exposure like fire is not a yearly, monthly, or even weekly activity—it is a daily activity. Fires can destroy not only buildings and property, but also people’s livelihoods, sense of security, succession plan, and community at large.
To support businesses in their efforts to prevent workplace fires, Federated Insurance is providing the following resources:
- All association members have access to an employer-focused, risk management video titled “Where There’s Smoke” that discusses fire prevention strategies at a management level.
- Federated Insurance clients also have access to the following resources via Federated’s Shield NetworkSM:
- An employee version of “Where There’s Smoke” that discusses fire prevention at an employee level. This version of the video has been provided as a training tool to share with your employees.
- A fire safety checklist to help businesses monitor fire hazards on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Additional, online fire prevention materials.
- Federated Insurance clients can also discuss fire hazards with:
- Knowledgeable risk consultants from Federated’s Risk Management Resource Center, which can be contacted by calling 1-888-333-4949.
- Local marketing representatives.
All association members are encouraged to participate in Fire Prevention Week by conducting fire drills, reviewing or developing loss prevention policies and procedures, and educating employees on important fire hazard topics. Businesses looking for additional help while addressing this risk are encouraged to contact their local Federated Insurance marketing representative. To find a representative near you, visit www.federatedinsurance.com.
BECOME AN ACCA MEMBER