ACCA Offers Training Opportunities for All Industry Professionals
ACCA has a wide variety of upcoming courses for you and your team to take advantage of! Below is a list of information about ACCA’s upcoming courses:
HVAC for Office and Sales Staff – Instructed by RightTek Training
September 14, 2021 – Online
This unique class is designed for HVAC business employees such as customer service staff, dispatchers, salespeople, and any other office staff who would like to better understand the terminology, components, system types, complaints, and customer inquiries that they deal with every day while working in the HVACR industry. Providing excellent customer service is a key component to a business’ success and having a well-versed staff that understands the language can make all the difference!
This course costs $79 for ACCA Members and $99 for Non-Members. Learn more by clicking here.
Overview of ACCA Manual J® – Instructed by ACCA’s Ed Janowiak
September 15, 2021 – Online
This course covers the basics of residential heat loss and heat gain calculations. Instructor Ed Janowiak will also break down the nationally recognized residential load calculation standard so that it is easy to understand and apply. Topics covered include:
- Guidelines and Limitations
- How Heat Moves and What to Measure
- Design Conditions and Fenestration
- Opaque Surfaces and Duct Systems
To register for Overview of ACCA Manual J®, click here.
Residential HVAC In-Person Certificate Program – Instructed by ACCA’s Ed Janowiak
September 21-23, 2021 – Alexandria, VA
Learn about Manual J®, D®, and S® in this three-day course that can earn you a five-year certificate. The course also offers an excellent opportunity to expand your professional knowledge and gain the tools necessary to design quality HVAC installations.
The three-day course is built on a comprehensive training platform that covers five distinct topics showcasing the ACCA “step-by-step” residential HVAC system design process to ensure a quality installation.
- Manual J® Session: One will learn the important concepts used in assembling an accurate residential load calculation. Heating and Cooling Load Examples using MJ8ae will be presented in conjunction with the Manual J® Do’s & Don’ts to ensure accuracy throughout the entire load calculation evaluation. Real-world procedures will be shown on how to conduct a detailed site-survey to ensure capturing important construction details when building the load calculation report.
- Manual S® Session: One will learn how to properly select equipment for a dwelling using a detailed heating & cooling load calculation and actual OEM performance data from different manufacturers (Air Conditioning/ Heat Pumps/ Gas Furnaces).
- Manual D® Session: One will learn the important steps of designing a ducted distribution system (selecting appropriate ducts & fittings) to deliver the required airflow (CFM) at an acceptable velocity (FPM) to all spaces being conditioned.
- ACCA Standard 5 & Real-World Installation Tips Session: Step-by-step review on the ACCA Standard 5 (HVAC Quality Installation Specification) by which all quality HVAC installations should be designed and installed. Practical real-world suggestions to minimize call-backs on common installation problems to include zoning and commissioning.
Practical HVAC: Beyond the Box Diagnostics – Instructed by ACCA’s Matt Akins
September 28-30, 2021 – Cleveland, OH
This course provides a fundamental turning point for your Service Technicians, Installers, Sales Advisors, Production Managers, and Service Managers to successfully transition into an improved and consistent performance level. This training enforces an enhanced and consistent performance level which will help in reducing liabilities, increasing knowledge, and ramping sales opportunities. Anyone can sell another box, but this is for the team members ready for the next level.
Students will learn how to test and design ducting the correct way while dealing with installations how we find them in the field. Students will gain a core understanding of the fundamentals of heating and air conditioning.
This practical problem-solving approach equips students with the very best practices to increase technician competence. ACCA’s technical training delivers proven best practices with industry-accepted techniques that reinforce the science in HVACR.
Overview of ACCA Manual S® – Instructed by ACCA’s Ed Janowiak
September 29, 2021
The Overview of ACCA Manual S® course is a training opportunity that covers the basics of how to select and size heating and cooling equipment to meet Manual J® loads based on local climate and ambient conditions at the building site. The Overview of ACCA Manual S® takes the nationally recognized residential load calculation standard and breaks it down in a way that’s easy to understand and apply. The purpose of this program is to enlighten the user on the acceptable range of sizing possibilities for a given type of equipment. The user should have a working knowledge of ACCA Manuals J®, D® and T® in order to use Manual S® correctly.
To register for the Overview of ACCA Manual S® course, click here.
Overview of ACCA Manual D® – Instructed by ACCA’s Ed Janowiak
October 6, 2021
The Overview of ACCA Manual D® course provides training on the basics of airflow and residential duct system design. The Overview of ACCA Manual D® takes the nationally recognized duct design standard and breaks it down in a way that’s easy to understand and apply. Topics include:
- Airflow Basics
- Choosing a Blower
- Creating Comfort Using Manual T®
- System Design
- Testing and Balancing
To register for the Overview of ACCA Manual D®, click here.
Understanding Humidity – Instructed by ACCA’s Ed Janowiak
October 27, 2021
This course is all about the moisture in the air. What’s too much, what’s too little, how to add it and how to remove it. All terminology will be defined and explained, such as dry-bulb temperature, wet-bulb temperature, relative humidity, specific humidity, dew point, enthalpy, and more. A complete explanation of the psychrometric chart will be offered, and examples will be plotted thereon. This is a comprehensive program on humidity.
To register for Understanding Humidity, click here.
Posted In: Training
BECOME AN ACCA MEMBER