ACCA Announces 2013 Safety Excellence Award Winners
ACCA, the nation’s largest association of indoor environmental systems professionals, announced the winners of the 2013 Safety Excellence Award, sponsored by Federated Insurance, along with a special recognition to all the commendable applicants. ACCA’s Safety Excellence Award is the HVACR industry’s most prestigious recognition for contractors who are dedicated to safe workplaces.
ACCA teamed up with Federated Insurance in this effort to help HVACR contractors demonstrate their commitment to safety in the workplace. Federated Insurance is a proven leader in providing businesses with risk management tools and resources. The Award recognizes the ACCA contractor members with the best safety record and program for 2012 in each of three categories based on number of employees.
ACCA’s 2013 Safety Excellence Award recipients, by category, are:
10 or Fewer Employees: New Balance A/C Inc., Houston, TX
11-49 Employees: Energy Management Specialists, Inc., Cleveland, OH
50 or More Employees: Entek Corporation, Longview, WA
ACCA congratulates all applicants whose strong records made this a competitive contest:
- Burtonsville Fuel Company, Burtonsville, MD
- New Balance A/C, Inc., Houston, TX
- Temptrol Heating and Cooling, Antioch, Il
- Atlas Electrical and Air Conditioning Service, Alton, TX
- Coastal Heating and Air Conditioning, Annapolis, MD
- County Wide Service Company, San Antonio, TX
- Energy Management Specialists, Inc. Cleveland, OH
- Glenn Mechanical Co., Inc., Eldorado, AR
- HomeSmart from Xcel Energy, Centennial, CO
- Kahn Mechanical Contractors, Dallas, TX
- McAfee Heating and Air Conditioning Company, Inc., Kettering, OH
- Niksic Air Conditioning and Heating, St. Louis, MO
- Rosenberg Indoor Comfort, San Antonio, TX
- CroppMetcalfe Services, Fairfax, VA
- Custom Air Conditioning and Heating Company, Gahanna, OH
- Entek Corporation, Longview, WA
- Ivey Mechanical Company, LLC, Kosciusko, MS
- Lee Company, Franklin, TN
- Standard Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc. La Vista, NE
- Trane Commercial Systems, Carrollton, TX
“ACCA appreciates Federated’s continued assistance in promoting safety in HVACR workplaces. We congratulate the winners and all of our Safety Excellence Award applicants for their commitment to safety,” said Paul T. Stalknecht, ACCA President & CEO. “These companies are leaders in our industry in setting a high standard for excellence.”
“There is no higher honor recognizing ACCA’s members’ commitment to providing a safe working environment for their valued employees,” added Scott Warren, Director of Association Risk Management Services for Federated. “Federated congratulates all of the Safety Excellence Award winners.”
ACCA’s Safety Excellence Award reinforces an employer’s commitment to employees and the local community, and serves as a strong recruitment tool for potential employees.
The annual Safety Excellence Awards recognize the companies that strive to be industry leaders in safety. Through the association’s partnership with Federated, ACCA members can learn more about managing risks, reducing losses, and protecting business investments.
For more information on the Safety Excellence Award contact Charlie McCrudden at 703-824-8841.
BECOME AN ACCA MEMBER